Pages

SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA

SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA
The Magic Square

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Charge of the Goddess and God

The Charge of the Goddess

High Priest (HP) stands to High Priestess' (HPS) left; both face Coven.

HP: "Listen to the words of the Great Mother; she who of old was also called among men Artemis, Astarte, Athene, Dione, Melusine, Aphrodite,Cerridwen, Cybele, Arianrhod, Isis, Dana, Bride and by many other names. At her altars the youth of Lacedaemon in Sparta made due sacrifice."

HPS: "Whenever ye have need of anything, once in the month, and better itbe when the moon is full, then shall ye assemble in some secret place and adorethe spirit of me, who am Queen of all the witcheries. There shall ye assemble, ye who are fain to learn all sorcery, yet have not won its deepest secrets; to these will I teach things that are yet unknown. And ye shall be free from slavery; and as a sign that ye be really free, ye shall be naked in your rites; and ye shall dance, sing, feast, make music and love, all in my praise. For mine is the ecstasy of the spirit, and mind also is joy on earth; for my law is love unto all beings. Keep pure you highest ideal; strive ever towards it; let naught stop you or turn you aside.

"For mine is the secret door which opens upon the Land of Youth, and mine is the cup of the wine of life, and the Cauldron of Cerridwen, which is the Holy Grail of immortality. I am the Gracious Goddess, who gives the gift of joy unto the heart of man. Upon earth, I give the knowledge of the spirit eternal;and beyond death, I give peace and freedom and reunion with those who have gone before. Nor do I demand aught in sacrifice; for behold, I am the Mother of all living, and my love is poured out upon the earth."

HP: "Hear ye the words of the Star Goddess; she in the dust of whose feetare the hosts of heaven, and whose body encircles the Universe."

HPS: "I who am the beauty of the green earth, and the white Moon among the stars, and the mystery of the waters, and the desire of the heart of man, call unto thy soul. Arise, and come unto me. For I am the soul of nature, who giveslife to the universe. From me all things proceed, and unto me all things must return; and before my face, beloved of Gods and of men, let thine inner most divine self be enfolded within the rapture of the infinite.
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth; for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. And therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honour and humility, mirth and reverence within you.
"And thou who thinkest to seek for me, know thy seeking and yearning shall avail thee not unless thou knows the mystery; that if that which thou seek theefind not within thee, thou wilt never find it without thee. For behold, I havebeen with thee from the beginning; and I am that which is attained at the end of desire."

The Charge of the God

HPS: "Listen to the words of the of the Great Father, who of old was called Osiris, Adonis, Zeus, Thor, Pan, Cernunnos, Herne, Lugh and by many other names."

HP: "My Law is Harmony with all things.
Mine is the secret that opens the gates of life and mine is the dish of salt of the earth that is the body of Cernunnos that is the eternal circle of rebirth.I give the knowledge of life everlasting, and beyond death I give the promise of regeneration and renewal.
I am the sacrifice, the father of all things, and my protection blankets the earth."

HPS: "Hear the words of the dancing God, the music of whose laughter stirsthe winds, whose voice calls the seasons:"

HP: "I who am the Lord of the Hunt and the Power of the Light, sun amongthe clouds and the secret of the flame
I call upon your bodies to arise and come unto me
For I am the flesh of the earth and all its beings.
Through me all things must die and with me are reborn.
Let my worship be in the body that sings, for behold all acts of willing sacrifice are my rituals.
Let there be desire and fear, anger and weakness, joy and peace, awe and longing within you.
For these too are part of the mysteries found within yourself, within me, all beginnings have endings, and all endings have beginnings."

No comments:

Post a Comment